Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...
These are a few of my favourite things for Spring
Click on the image to be taken to the shopping page...
|High waisted Jeans £30 River Island|
|Printed Vest £8 H&M|
...The Circus! (this is a hint/request to those who know and love me!)
at the Roundhouse, Camden. Click here for tickets
OK, I made this today and felt very proud of myself!
I hear Hollandaise is hard to make but I am not sure where I went right...but copy this and it should work...(its makes enough for 2 people eating 2 eggs)
1tbs White Wine Vinegar
Couple of twists of Pepper
2 Eggs Yokes
Juice of half a Lemon
1. Simmer the vinegar, water and pepper in a thick based pan for approx 5 mins until it reduced by half.
2. Put into a heatproof bowl and let it cool (or it will turn into scrambled eggs!)
Meanwhile you need to clarify your butter..
3. Heat the butter until it melts, turn off the heat and tip the pan until the liquid splits...keep the yellow molten butter in a cup, discard the white solids at the bottom of the pan
Once the water/vinegar has cooled...
4. Add the 2 egg yokes and whisk
5. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water and continue to whisk as you slowly add the clarified Butter
6. Once this is thickened slightly and creamy gradually add the lemon juice and season to taste
7. Then assemble as below!
Shame I missed...
The Goat Race!not a typo...At City Farm (Hackney) every year 2 Goats, Oxford and Cambridge, race round their farmyard to coincide with the famous boat version - get it in the diary now for next year.